Saturday, February 20, 2010

Topic #1: Abortion

Abortion. To a lot of people, it's the medical process of ending the life of a tissue, not a baby. For many people, though, it's murder. The killing of a human baby that has not yet entered into the world. I'm going to give some statistics on abortion, then I'm going to tell you why abortion IS murder. (These statistics may be old)

Worldwide, there are approximately 42 million abortions per year.

America accounts for 1.37 million of those.

Worldwide, there are approximately 115,000 abortions per day.

America accounts for 3,700 of those.

The rest of these facts are of the U.S.

The ages of women/girls have abortions:

52% of women are under 25

32% of women are between 20-24

20% of teenagers
and 1.2 percent of girls having abortions are under 15 (something wrong with this picture??)

64.4% of women having abortions have never been married


And now here's what just ticks me off and freaks me out.


37.4% of women having abortions claim to be Protestant.

31.3% of women having abortions claim to be Catholic.


1.3% of women having abortions claim to be Jewish.


23.7% of women having abortions have no religious affiliation.


Now, 18% of women that are having abortions claim to be "born again/Evangelical"!!!


93% of women have an abortion for social reasons.


Now that I've given you the facts about abortion, here are the facts about the human life that is called by most "tissue."


18-25 days after the baby is conceived, the heart begins beating.


43 days after conception, the baby is transmitting brain waves.


At 8 weeks, the baby will wakes, sleep, suck his thumb, make a fist, and get hiccups. Now tell me that "tissue" is going to do that!


At the end 9 weeks, the baby has his/her own unique fingerprints.


At 11-12, the baby is sensitive to light, heat, touch, and noise. All body systems are working. He/she weights about 28g and is about 6-7.5 cm long.

Since a baby, to pro choice people, is just a fetus until the due date, then answer me this.
Quoting my mother, "If a woman has a baby 2 months prematurely, is it still a fetus until it's due date?" I've seen the bumper sticker many times, and it's very, very true. People say they are pro-choice, but the baby didn't have a choice.

Another point I want to bring out is, why are 21.2% of teenagers having abortions? And an even larger percentage of teens are pregnant, but not having abortions. (Good for them for choosing life, even in un-ideal circumstances) Teens aren't supposed to be getting pregnant. Abstinence until marriage is also a VERY important topic, but I'm not going to discuss it on this post.

Thanks you all for dealing with my rant ;) This is one of the few topics that gets me very riled up. As a Christian, I believe tat God is the Creator of ALL human life, and HE should decide when it ends, not us.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Good post, my dear!!

Brenda said...

Very nice Amber>