Saturday, February 27, 2010

Earthquake in Chile

Before I got out of bed a couple of minutes ago, I heard my mom telling my sister about the earthquake in Chile. She said that people were afraid that it my might cause a tsunami in the Australia/New Zealand area. I've tried to keep this blog relatively non-religious for the fact that I want everyone to enjoy it. But, my first thoughts this morning were, "God's coming back really soon. Earthquakes in divers places." The Scripture I was referring to was Luke 21:11, but I'm going to put the verse before that as well. Luke 21:10-11, "Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven."
I know for myself, sometimes I get so caught up in my everyday life-school work, friends, natural things of the world-and I don't stop and think about the reason that God saved me; the reason that He put me on this earth-to be a witness to a lost and dying world. Because I am saved, I can tell others that there IS hope, that God loves them, because I know His love. The Scripture that I quoted is Jesus talking, telling about the condition the world will be in before He came back for His church. I know, from those Scriptures, that the return of  the Lord is going to be here so soon. want to be ready, but I also want to help others be ready. That's my little "talk" for the day. Remember, God's coming back soon. Will you be ready?

No comments: