Wednesday, June 9, 2010

God is Our Refuge

In my last post I mentioned the tornadoes that we've been having. On Friday we were all down in our basement waiting for the storm to pass over. I was on the computer when my mom came downstairs after she answered the phone and told us that we had to go into the basement because of the tornado. The first thing I thought of was my Bible.

When we were in the basement I got so much comfort out of God's Word. I read from Psalms where David talks about God being a Buckler and a Defense. One of the girls that was here was terrified. As I was reading she started crying.

I really don't know how to explain it, but through the whole thing I had so much peace. Even while I was scared I knew that God was going to take care of me and that I could just be calm.

1 comment:

Faye said...

Glad to see you are posting again! It is very reassuring to know God is with us, and He WILL take care of us!!!