Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well ya'll I found something to post about--THANKSGIVING!! *Duh me!!* I'm gonna ramble a little bit, so please bear with me:-D First, I'd like to tell you all some of the things I'm thankful for. 1. I'm thankful for the grace and mercy of the Lord!! I don't know what I would be without it! 2. I'm thankful for my parents! They are THE BEST!! 3. I'm thankful for my sister and brother:-D 4. For my grandparents, which also happen to be my pastor and pastor's wife:-) 5. I'm sooo thankful for all of my friends!! Specifically Laura, Jonah, Monique, Anita, and Brittany! Those are the people that keep me sane;-) 6. For a WARM house!! Ahh! It's wonderful!! When it's 30 degrees outside, you can count on it being 70 degrees inside! (That is if Dad isn't here;) When Dad's here it's about 68:-p) 

I have to say, Thanksgiving is my very favorite day of the year! A lot of people have said, "What about Christmas?" when I've stated that. Well, in my family, Thanksgiving is the "big day." My aunt and uncle and their two kids from Indiana come home for Thanksgiving every year. We we used to have the dinners at different places-my aunt Alicia's, my grandparents' house, our old house, and now we've started having it here at our new house because it's the right size for all of us to get together.

Something I've always liked about our dinners is that we usually have a friend or family of friends over. We used to have a woman in our church that was all alone and we would have her over every year. Now, she's married with her own family, but we have a single mother and her family over. It's always very enjoyable, especially since her daughter is one of my very best friends!

Back to the Christmas thing, we usually don't do anything special for Christmas. I don't know why, but usually we just stay home, open gifts and eat regular food. This year we will probably be having a big meal at my other aunt and uncle's house, so it will change this year:-)

So this year, we had so much fun again! We ate around 1:30, and then sat around giving my baby cousin all kinds of attention:-p We played Liar's Dice-Anthony's are great at it;)-which is sooo much fun!! Then we ate again, (yes we eat a LOT) and did the same thing. We don't have like another sit down meal, but go back and forth from the kitchen:-D So yeah, I think that pretty much describes my day. Eating, playing Liar's Dice, and laughing a TON!


How was your Thanksgiving Day? What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Thanksgiving is my mom's FAVORITE holiday too!!! :)

Mary Frances said...

Thank you AMBER!!! I enjoy reading your blog as well! I'm going add your blog to my list of blogs!!! I am glad you enjoy the Apostolic Male Models!!! I am getting ready to posts Novembers in the next couple of days!!! Heeeey well tell all your friends about my blog if you have a chance!!! God bless!
♥Mary :)
Btw- I would like to reccomend a really AWESOME youth camp that takes place in the Mountains of New Mexico. It is hosted by Bro. Rod Foster's church, I went last year for their first camp ever and it was AWESOME!!!

Mary Frances said...

I just went to add you on the side of my blog and whada ya know...I had ALREADY added you!!! LOL!