Saturday, November 13, 2010

Confessions of a Two-faced Blogger

Well everyone, after reading my mom's confession post, I decided that I should come clean with all of my lovely blog readers. If you all remember, I posted the day before my birthday about the knowledge I have gained in the past 16 years. One of things I said I have learned was to never wear heels to the mall. Weeellll, I went against my own advice.

Last Friday, my wonderful mother had a surprise birthday party for me. I got some money, and my parents gave me a gift certificate to the Label Shopper, which had a dress that was super cute and I really wanted. Well on Saturday my sister took me to Cranberry to the mall, and we met up with my aunt and uncle. Since my mom's car is in the shop right now, I have no flats to wear. I didn't have the flats on Saturday either, so I decided to wear these really cute, almost flat shoes. They were toeless and backless, so they were kind of like a flip flop.

Long, agonizing story short, my feet were in soooooo much pain by the end of the night!! It was the balls of my feet that were really hurting. I don't know why, but something about those kind of shoes are just extremely painful. I cannot express the amount of pain I was in for about 2 or 3 days. Even in my barefeet I didn't want to walk because of it. So take my first-hand advice for the second time. {[(<"'NEVER'">)]} wear heels to the mall!! (Sorry for all the punctuation....I was trying to emphasize the seriousness of that word:D)

7 comments:

Laura Masiker said...

I'm almost to the point of not wearing heals at all!!!! Nothing over 1 inch for me, thank you. They may look nice and fashionable, but I have to take care of my feet since I'm a waitress!

Amber said...

@Laura :D I wear heels, but only to church! If I have to walk around it's flats or sneakers. I just love wearing heels...makes me feel less delicate with being short and stuff:P

Angela Marie said...

So.... your Mom's car being in the garage is responsible for the blisters on your feet??? lol I'm still connecting the dots (getting slow as I get old! lol). But I do see the relationship between your blog and Laura's "This Little Piggy" blog! See, I'm good!

Love ya!
You're new blog skin looks good! I like the bright and varied colored font too. It matches you
:0)

Meagan Rowell said...

LOL Amber!! :) I would only wear heels to the mall if it were a quick trip. I can handle that :)

Amber said...

@Angela yes it's the car's fault!!:P That's the only pair of flats I own!! And they ended up being left in the car from 5th Sunday cuz Mama left really early and then went to Ohio the next morning and the car broke down while she was out there:p
@Meagan, I can't even handle a quick trip to Walmart! My feet can't take it! And how do your's take it with those killer heels you wear??

Melinda said...

Ha!! Then it's not the car's fault. The car didn't leave the shoes in itself. Therefore it is someone else's fault. Think it through. Maybe you'll figure it out. :D

Amber said...

@Melinda, you're right! It's mom's fault for not giving me the chance to get the shoes before she left for Ohio;)