Friday, January 8, 2010

Introduction to my blog

Hello everyone! My name is Amber. In many ways I am your typical teenager. I love my friends, I love music, books, animals, and generally anything that's new and electronic. I hate school, specifically Geometry. I'm also your typical girl. I love hair, heels, clothes, and anything girly. I hate spiders, bugs, mud, and all things slimy. But, unlike your typical teenager, you'll never hear me cuss, and you'll never hear me vehemently declare to my parents, "I hate you!" I don't base my weight on the models you see that are a size 6 and considered fat. I don't follow the trends that Hollywood considers "cool" and not wear what Hollywood considers "not so cool." No, I don't wear burlap sacks and deer hide shoes, I just don't expect my parents to pay $100 for a new sweater that Abercrombie and Fitch has ; ) And all the parents said, "Amen!!"
Now that I'm off my soapbox, I'll tell you a little bit of what you can expect out of my blog. This blog is aimed at other teens, but I hope that all ages can enjoy it. Throughout my blog life, I'll be posting articles to raise awareness in teens on certain topics. I believe that as teens, there are certain things we should advocate to other teens and there are certain things we should discourage. I believe that laughter and humor are the salt of life, so I'll frequently be posting things that made me laugh til I cried. Because I do love hair, I also love doing hair, so I'll be posting some hairstyle how-to videos. And lastly, occasionally I'll post a picture that speaks a thousand words.
That being said, I'm off to a start in the wonderful life of blogging!

No comments: