Monday, April 26, 2010

Not much

This blog post is totally random. The topic kind of cracks me up, and since I'm at a loss for blog posts right now, I'll bore you with it.

Neck cramps. Most of you are probably gonna think, what in the world? Yeah, well I get them. The first time I got one was a couple of months ago. In music class with Sister Stef, we were humming and learning to warm our voices up and sing music as we read it. It was neat and stuff. Well when I got home, later on in the evening, I had just made brownies and was *ahem* eating batter off the beater *ahem* I had my tongue out, and a HUGE cramp of pain ran through my neck. Actually, it came to a screeching halt about the middle of my throat. And it stayed there. All night. : D Well, I found out at our next music class that neck cramps aren't all that uncommon when you're learning to use your voice muscles.

Sister Stef told me that, when my neck cramps up, I need to hum. I was glad she told me that because it's a lot easier and looks a lot more sane than sticking my tongue out as far as I can and massaging my neck. So lately my neck keeps cramping up but I forgot that I need to hum. I've just been massaging :)

So my advice for the day is, never make faces trying to uncramp a throat muscle. Just hum and maybe put a cold or warm compress on it, I can't remember which. OK, forget the compress idea. lol

No comments: