Monday, April 19, 2010

The Rest of the Story

Well, I've finally decided to post about the rest of our trip. I'm gonna start to with AMC. When we arrived at the Gaylord Opryland, I was unsmashing to say the least. I had a blackish-blue skirt on. The reason that it was tinted blue: I had covered my lap with a blue microfiber blanket and it had decided to being very loving and share it fuzz with me. The skirt I had on is a collector of many great fuzzes and lints. I was incredibly embarrassed to be seen, seeing as how it is a preachers' conference and all their beautiful wives and daughters looked great. I quickly ran to hide in the bathroom and attempt to make my hair look like I had NOT just traveled five or six hours and slept most of it. I stayed in my room for most of the evening. When I left the room for church, I looked like five thousand times better than when I went into the room.

The rest of the conference was amazing. It would take a long time to type all of it, so I'll just tell you, I was impacted in a major way. Brother Morton preached the message that affected me the most. I've never felt the love of God so strong. It was incredibly amazing.

After AMC, we traveled to Pigeon Forge. Who'da thunk that a small town like that would have bumper to bumper traffic ALL THE TIME!! They have so much traffic that the comedian at the dinner theater we went to mentioned it! The theater we went to was great! The comedian, Scraps, was a LOT like my dad. Scraps even told my dad that he was hired to work there because Dad could clap on beat! :D After the dinner theater, we went to the magic show where I saw the little abused boy. The magic show was also really great. Sean Paul and Julianne are really good at what they do. Julianne can even "read" minds ;)

After Pigeon Forge we went to Dollywood, which was AWESOME! :) We felt very, very safe there. It was real secluded and just felt great. My favorite ride was probably the Tennessee Tornado! It has three loops in it, and the ride is smooth.

After Dollywood we went to visit my aunt and uncle in Indiana. That was fun, but unfortunately we only got to stay for an evening. I'm glad that they're gonna come up for Memorial Day.

Well, I'm all done posting. Gonna eat some food! :D BTW, if ya'll ever go to Pigeon Forge, stop by the Old Mill and have a meal. You won't regret it! The prices seem high, but when the entree is priced at $15.99, it's paying for your main meal, the salad, a couple of side dishes (I can't remember which ones), and your desert. We had pecan pie.....oooohh my goodness! It was amazing! I'm going for real this time! :D I'll try to post again soon.
Amber

1 comment:

Faye said...

Glad you and your family had such a fantastic vacation -- you all deserved it!!!!