Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hello everyone!:) As of late I've had blogger's block-not having anything to write about. I'm sure there are a lot of things I could post about, but nothing that I wanted to post. Well, last night I found my topic:)


Many of you know that for a while I've had a desire to be a missionary. It started a few years ago at Apostolic Youth Conference when Bro. Raul Alvear Jr. from Brazil was preaching. Over the years the desire was still there, but not as strong. Once again, I have an overwhelming desire to be involved in the foreign missions field.


In World Geography last school year, I had 3 weeks devoted to learning about the countries of Africa. The pain and famine that the Africans suffer is just awful! I was very affected during my World Geography PACEs.


While thinking about Africa lately, one country has stuck out to me. Sudan. I think it was last summer, I was over at Monique's house and she was showing me how cool Google Earth is. She just happened to zoom in on Sudan and was showing me this nifty little feature. There were little red, orange, and yellow flames on different parts of the country. If you scrolled over them, they would give you some info about that area. Those flames represented the villages that were either destroyed completely, or partially destroyed by the Sudanese government.


I cannot imagine having the government, the people who are supposed to be helping me, dropping bombs on my village, or coming in and killing or doing other unmentionable things to the children and women of my village.


Last night I decided to go to Google Images and look up Sudan. That's all I typed in, and the first image was a picture of a little child leaning on someone's legs sleeping. The fact that you can see every rib in his back and his little arms are maybe 4 inches around made me cry so much last night. I looked at pictures of that poor, starving country, and I read about the different things they suffer and I sat at the table and cried. Little 8 year old boys are not supposed to have guns and they're not supposed to be fighting a war against the government, but in Sudan, they are.


Sudan's dictator, Omar Bashir, is the first place winner for the 10 worst dictators in the world. He most notorious forms of abuse are slave trade and aerial bombings. He's a greedy, filthy, disgusting, and evil person. I wonder how he ever came to power in the first place. Millions of people having been affected by the dark, evil caverns of his heart. If there was a way to express how I feel about him, I would put a little spitting-mad face on here. :D Sorry, just had to let ya'll know how I feel:D


I realize that being a missionary in a predominantly black country can be dangerous. I also realize that being a missionary in Sudan means there may be days that I don't eat and that I'll probably learn to drink the filthy water that they drink in that country, but to me, being a light in the midst of the dark, dark world of the Sudanese people would be worth it. Seeing the peace on the face of a dying Sudanese woman because she knows she's not going to suffer anymore and she'll get to live with Jesus forever, is all worth it to me.


I've decided that I'm going to pray for that country, and for that people, and allow the Lord to lead me. If it is the Lord's will for me to be a missionary in Sudan, He will keep His hand on me, He'll make a way for me, and He'll provide for me, and that's all I need to know:)


Thank you all for taking the time to read this post! PLEASE, take time to pray for missionaries in foreign countries, and take time to pray for the Sudanese people:)

No comments: