Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Kissed Dating Goodbye

This post is to all the single people out there. Right now, I'm technically "single" but really I should have no relationship status because I'm not the appropriate age to be involved with someone. The reason that people "date" is to find a future spouse. No, finding a future spouse through dating does not mean that you should date fifteen different guys or girls to find out if they're the right one or not. I don't think that dating is wrong by any means, but I do believe that it's important, not just something a young person does when they're single.



I kind of got ahead of myself but that's alright:) I'm writing this post to tell you about a wonderful book by Joshua Harris entitled "I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Romance and Relationships." I'm actually in the process of reading this book for the second time. The first time I read it I was younger and didn't actually learn anything from it. This time I'm learning a lot! I've determined that I'm not gonna play the normal "game" of dating. There IS a better way to do it and I believe a way that pleases God:) So, if you get the chance, please read this book! You'll be glad you did:)



1 comment:

Shannon Elle said...

Praise God! I am reading this book too. I am so glad that I found it and can apply the principles to my life and let JESUS lead the right husband to me, instead of me breaking hearts and getting my heart broken looking for my spouse myself. =) God's design is ALWAYS better!