Friday, September 10, 2010

Trust

Trust, according to Dictionary.com is "to rely upon or place confidence in someone or something ." A synonym of trust is assurance, meaning "absolute confidence and certainty."

Lately I've been thinking a LOT about trusting the Lord. Sometimes it's with things like being assured that the Lord hears my prayers. Other times it's knowing that He has a plan for my life, and other times still, it's trusting Him that He knows what He's doing with me and He knows what's best for me. This post I'm going to address trusting him through the hard times.

As a Christian we often goes through various trials and times of testing. While in the midst of the trials we hear so many times, trust God. What does that really mean? I don't believe it means saying, "OK, God, I'm supposed to trust you so I'm gonna just talk to you about my time of testing and still struggle through and wonder if I'm gonna make it."

Job 23:10 says, "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Nobody is gonna say that going through times of trying are fun. They're not going to say they enjoy it or that they would love to be in that position for the rest of their life. But many, many people will tell you that Job knew what he was talking about in 23:10. God DOES indeed know the way that you take. He hasn't forgotten about you and He hasn't decided that you're going to permanently be miserable. One day, when you come out of this trial or this test, and you WILL come out, you're going to be as gold!

I've heard the comparison so many times, and I'm sure you have too. The description of how gold refiners work. When they take a piece of gold to refine it, they put it over very, very hot fire. As it's heating up, it's brings all of the impurities and imperfections to the surface, and the refiner can scrape them off the top. In the spiritual sense, if we never went through the hot furnace, the Refiner couldn't get the imperfections out of us.

Back to the first paragraph and original reason of this blog post, through the storms and tests, put your complete confidence and trust in God. He knows what He's doing, He knows what's best for your life, and He has a purpose for you going through whatever it is that you're going through.

Ecclesiastes 3:11a "He hath made every thing beautiful in HIS time..."

2 comments:

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

Wow Amber! Awesome post-great thoughts! I'm proud of you, young lady! Love you!

Faye said...

I agree with your mama's comment!!!