Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ok, so I'm soooo excited!! Why?? Wait for it.....

CAMP!!! Yes, the day is finally here! About 15 of us are heading off to Virginia tomorrow to Bro. Peters' camp. Even though I've been to two conferences, one in Akron, OH, and one in Colorado Springs, CO, there is something special about a campmeeting.

Every time I think about a campmeeting, my mind immediately goes to a girl's dorm room. Something I lovingly call "the hairspray cloud" descends as all the girls get ready for church and fix their hair all big and beautiful. The reason I say "lovingly" because hairspray has tamed my hair many a-times! I have one of those crazy hair textures so it takes a strong, freezing hairspray to control it. Any how, the smell of steam from the iron is in the air. A mysterious, unnamed smell is in the air from a mix of about 15 different scents of perfume.

I don't know how to explain it, but I have many fond memories of camp and getting ready for church service. Speaking of the services, there's also something so special about being in a church service with a room full of people, most of which you don't know, and worshipping the Lord and feeling His Spirit with them.
Well, I haven't started packing yet and we are leaving the church by 9 A.M. so I gotta get moving!

I'm sure I'll have a looong story to tell you all when we get back so get your reading eyes ready!;) Ta ta dahlings!

1 comment:

Mary Frances said...

Heeeeeeey!
I'm reading all your comments to me on my blog! I'm glad your liking it! I don't remember seeing you at Heritage either!